Friday, October 23, 2015

Linda A.'s Spinach Souffle

This is a great way to use up leftover rice and can be customized to include whatever vegetables your family likes to eat!

I got this recipe from my Grandma Vi after she made it for lunch for the kids and me one day. She got the recipe from her niece Linda. 

The first time I tried to make it I wasn't very happy with it. I used too much rice - Grandma's was so much better! So I tried again and cut down the amount of rice and added fresh spinach. This is a good, light lunch and I like to serve it with a fruit salad or lettuce salad. 
Here's what you need:

Linda A.'s Spinach Souffle

1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
4 eggs
1/2 Tbsp milk
2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese
(other options - add sliced mushrooms, leeks, parmesan cheese, red or green peppers)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

In a small saucepan saute the onion and garlic in 3 Tbsp olive oil until onions are soft. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Add the onion and garlic mixture, rice, spinach, cheese, and some salt and pepper.

Pour into a greased pie pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set.

No comments:

Post a Comment