Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Avocado & Tomato Toast

This may seem indulgent but it's really a fast, healthy breakfast. 
And yes, there is a bite out of it. I didn't even realize how delicious it was going to be until after I tasted it. 

Although I eat avocado toast quite a bit, it usually consists of the avocado, bread and a fried egg. Occasionally I will add asparagus or wilted spinach if I have them leftover from dinner the night before. 

This toast however, tops any of those variations. It's got whole grain toast, avocado, tomato, a hard boiled egg and cilantro. Make this while you can still get fresh tomatoes! 

Here's the full recipe.
Avocado & Tomato Toast
1 serving

1 slice of whole grain bread
1/2 avocado
2 slices tomato
1 hard boiled egg
1-2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Salt & pepper

Toast your bread. Scoop out the avocado, top with a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Mash with a fork until it is a thick paste. Use an egg slicer to slice your egg (I sliced it twice to make smaller pieces). 

Once the toast is done top it with the avocado paste, tomato slices, egg and cilantro. Top with another pinch of salt and pepper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment